MANY LIVES, MANY MASTERS BY Dr. BRYAN WEISS

It's midsummer in Chennai with power cuts happening regularly. Not much one can do to spend one's time other than reading, watching T.V/movies, window shopping or just simply lazing. So I'm doing a combination of all these activities.

Recently, I read this book called Many lives, many masters by Dr. Bryan Weiss. He is a highly established mental health professional( psychiatrist) based in the U.S. He has degrees from leading universities in the U.S. He says he was not much a believer of past lives until he met a young lady who changed his life forever.

She was suffering from anxiety attacks and conventional methods of treatment, such as medication, didn't really help her.

So he subjected her to a session of hypnosis and then realised that she started recalling events from her past lives. At first, he was very skeptical about the whole thing, but he soon realised that she was truly able to recall these events. In her wakeful state, she had no knowledge of the topics about which she spoke. Nor was she faking it or being an actress. She did not have any kind of multiple personality disorder either, he says.

After several such sessions, he realised that she was much calmer and had achieved remarkable progress in her health.

His sessions with her helped him too, he says. He had been very skeptical about past life regression therapy until he met her. He said that she had psychic abilities and was able to bring to him messages from the "masters".

After a lot of deliberation, he decided to go public with the insights he received.

He has since then published about four more books. One of his other books "Only love is real" is another hot favourite with people my age. But I couldn't finish it since I found that most of the material was very similar to that of his first book.Nothing very new was discussed. "If you have read one, you have read them all" is what I would say.

I read this book, completely non judgemental. I am a bit skeptical myself about past lives. Somehow, it does not gel with my belief system. However, the book was an interesting read.

Comments

lefty84 said…
Can u send me the book if you have it as an ebook? I am curious and wanna read that book.
My mail id is lefty84@gmail.com

Popular Posts