Double Betrayal - A Really Short Story.

A short story I wrote a few months back for Terribly Tiny Tales. Guess They found it just Terrible! We were given line prompts. Here goes.

Double Betrayal --I opened the door and quietly sneaked in. I wondered if my husband would smell the betrayal on my clothes, on my hair, on my neck. Guilt wracked my soul and oozed through every pore of my body. I tasted blood, blood where my lover had bitten my lip in a frenzy of passion. My lover and I had gotten carried away this time, driven to the edge from all our discussions of our fantasies before. It helped that he had the face of a Greek God and the tantalising touch of a velveteen angel. Why was I doing this? Why was I turning toward another man for his face and body when I had a perfectly nice one at home? Why had I taken a lover who would time and again make me cry and bring me shame. I guess I really didn't love myself after all. I needed to work on ME. To work on self -love. As the Whitney Houston song went, 'Learning to love yourself it is the greatest love of all”. So let this be the year of ME. The year I work on the person in front of the mirror, without whom there cannot be the chance of another, or any relationship. As all these thoughts flooded through my head, I heard my husband stir in the bed. I quickly slipped into the covers next to him, but I’d woken him by then. To my horror, the man next to me was not my husband! He was a stranger who looked at me and shrieked. I shrieked back. I jumped out of bed and demanded to know who he was. He sheepishly admitted he was my husband’s lover….

Comments

Popular Posts