Double Betrayal (A short story in 200 words)

I opened the door and quietly snuck in. I wondered if my husband would smell the betrayal on my clothes, on my hair, on my neck… Guilt wracked my soul and oozed through every pore of my body. I tasted blood where my lover had bitten my lip in a frenzy of passion. We had been driven to the edge from all our talk of our fantasies before.

Why was I doing this? Turning to another man when I had a perfectly nice one at home? Why had I taken a lover who would time and again make me cry and bring me shame? I guess I really didn't love myself after all. I decided to make this the year of ME. The year I would work on the woman in the mirror, without whom there could not be the chance of another relationship.

As these thoughts flooded through my head, I heard my husband stir. I quickly slipped into bed next to him. The man next to me was a stranger who took one look at me and shrieked. I jumped out of bed and demanded to know who he was. He sheepishly said he was my husband’s lover…

Comments

Popular Posts