K is for Kangana; P is for Priyanka

When I first saw Kangana Ranaut in movies like 'Fashion' and 'Life in a Metro', I felt she was a good actress, but that she was getting typecast. And then I missed a lot of her movies in between. 'Queen' resonated with every girl 'coz it represented girl power. 

I'm all for girl power and I do believe it is good to give it back to anyone who has wronged you. I can't say I'm a discreet person or a great communicator in my personal life, but even I draw the line at repeatedly washing your dirty linen in public.

It just becomes distateful and when the people involved are all married men, it's best to keep one's trap shut. If she doesn't care about what people think about her, that's fine, but all this mudslinging has a snowball effect on so many lives. 

Whether she is doing it for revenge or to 'throw light on the truth' or to promote her upcoming films, I personally think it is all going to catch up with her some day and she might end up becoming a wreck, if she hasn't already.

One pays a price for being this ruthless, I would imagine. 

I like Pee Cee's approach far better. People tried flinging mud at her, too. Her former manager tried to 'expose' her dark days when she was 'suicidal'. She just brushed him off as one would a fly and let her work speak for itself.

Hats off, Pee Cee. I admire you!

Comments

Popular Posts